Although classes for med school don't start until Monday, this is realistically my last day to experience the calmness of summer vacation. And it's been a great one! Some highlights for me were:
- a visit to my grandma in California
- hiking in Banff & Jasper for a week with friends
- experiencing West Edmonton Mall and shopping for 8 HOURS with my roomie
- living in Bridgewater for 6 weeks and getting a taste of family med, internal med, palliative care, general surgery, obs/gyn, and rheumatology
- acting the role of a damsel in distress and visiting the Luckett Vineyard...all in the same day!
- multiple trips to the farmers market
- learning to make chocolate lava cake (be still my beating heart!)
- beach dates in Bridgewater
- running the Cabot Trail Relay with classmates
- seeing hail for the first time (other than when on a mountain)
- going with my sister to the Winners grand opening...and collectively scoring $85!!!
And last but not least:
- the revival of my blog!
I realize with the busyness of school that it may no longer be possible to post everyday, but I'm going to try my darndest (it will probably mean shorter posts...and maybe a few school-related rants :P)! Throughout the summer it's been a great way for me to keep memories fresh while sharing them with others. The blogging world has literally opened up to me and I do feel so much support from this community. Ok...ok...I'll stop getting all emotional on you ;).
But I'll leave you with this (along with some Alberta pictures that I never posted) - whether you read my blog everyday, once a week, stumble upon it here and there, or if this is your first visit, I really appreciate you! Thanks for sharing in my ups and downs. And Orientation Week....bring it on!!!
What has been the highlight of your summer?
P.S. I'm officially in love with mountains...can you tell? ;)