Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bu-bu-bu-BUSKERS!

It's that time of year again! Where performers come from the four corners of the world to busk (is that a word? It looks strange!) on the Halifax Waterfront. I headed down with my friend JR and we took in some of the acts, celebrating 25 years of the Halifax International Busker Festival.

First up? Team 2X. All these guys have a martial arts background and incorporate it with dance to put on a high-energy performance. On the side they've done stunts for Canadian films, including Scott Pilgrim VS the world.


We then went to see FlameOz but the stage was PACKED!! We definitely would not have had a good view. But to our luck they announced another show at 10pm on Argyle Street so we enjoyed some tasty-but-unfortunately-overpriced nachos at the Economy Shoe Shop while we waited.

A crowd had already grown around the Pyromancer whose tricks were good but his show had some dead time in it. I did manage to get a picture of his impressive firebreathing finale.

I think I need to save up for a new camera...

And finally FlameOz from Australia took the stage...I mean...the street! All I can say is THEY.WERE.INCREDIBLE.

Photos cannot even do it justice. But if I could sum it up in 3 words, they would be

ENERGETIC
BEAUTIFUL
CAPTIVATING

They officially have my vote for the Metro People's Choice Award. If you literally can only see one show, theirs is the one to go to!


Does your own city have a buskers festival? What are your favourite types of acts to watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment