Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Harry Potter Hangover

Being deprived of the Harry Potter series as a teen I went through a phase where I read Books 1-6 and watched all the movies released to that point in a 6 month period of time. Needless to say, I had a Harry Potter hangover and had to take a good break from the series before moving onto the final chapter.

When adequate time had elapsed, I picked up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and pretty much spent every free moment of my life reading it. I remember that it was so good at parts that I literally had to block the bottom of the page with my hand so I wouldn't jump ahead and miss something good!

Well last night after many weeks of anticipation, I went to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. I went into the theatre with decent expectations, especially after Richard Krause from the Canada AM stated the following in his 4 1/2 star review:

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" may be the most metaphysical summer blockbuster ever. It deals with large questions of life and death, examines what goes on in the souls of men (and evil lords) all wrapped up in the comforting Potterverse. It has been a long strange journey with its own set of rules, internal logic and kooky creatures but the Potter cinema saga ends with dignity and without cutting corners.

Probably the most satisfying film, not just in the Potter series, but of the summer so far.


Coming out of the theatre, all I can say is that the movie delivered. Sure it wasn't as good as the book but it's rare that a movie ever is. But the acting, screenplay and film effects pretty much hit the spot for me. It also makes me want to go back and re-read the book. Heck, maybe I'll re-read the whole series!!


Have you been watching the Harry Potter series? What was your impression of the final film?

No comments:

Post a Comment