Tuesday, August 30, 2011

O-week Day 3 recap

Yesterday officially marked the first day of Med II for my class. It was a bit surreal and I found myself remembering back to where we all were a year ago. We've gone from being complete strangers to bonding through post-exam parties, procomp frustrations, and peglegging.


First day of Med I

We've started off the unit with some head & neck anatomy which was great for the first 30 minutes...and then I had to make a conscious effort to focus! Attention span, where have you gone?? I even zoned out during tutorial a couple times. I may have to resort to pinching myself every 2 minutes.

During the evening, the DalMed vocal groups sang a few pieces for the Hippocratic Oath ceremony. It was great to be together again but sad at the same time since it was our last performance with the Med IIIs. I am excited though to see the talent that comes from the first years.


The Vocal Chords & Testostertones during last year's PEI concert

We chose all mostly upbeat pieces to rope in new recruits including Bugle Boy, For the Longest Time, Love of the Sea, and Watching the Apples Grow. I hope it worked ;)

When I got back to my apartment, I may or may not have indulged in some leftover ice cream sandwich cake. Fine...I did! I had to refrain from dairy all day so it wouldn't affect my singing voice! The cake was 100% delicious!


It's off to the gym now. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. That cake looks insanely delicious!! I'll take a slice :)

    I zone out in my classes all the time- it's horrible! I'm actually kind of the master at looking like I'm paying attention but really not. Probably not something I should be proud of, haha!

    ReplyDelete