Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tasty? Healthy? Free? Yes please!!

What beats a fresh, delicious, nutritious lunch? One that's FREE!

Today I was shadowing a rheumatologist in the quaint town of Lunenburg, birthplace of the Bluenose II. One of the first things I noticed when walking in the clinic was that it had a full-blown kitchen and that there was a mysterious man kneeding dough in the corner. Well, when lunchtime rolled around, mystery man delivered!!

We enjoyed vegetarian pizza topped with black olives, mushrooms, tofu, green peppers, hot peppers and a touch of cheese on 12-grain crust.


As we were eating, mystery man pulled some freshly-baked polenta out of the oven. Before I took a bite he doused it with extra virgin olive oil, saying "This is the ONLY way you can enjoy this dish. This is how they do it in ITALIA!"

It was my second time eating polenta in my whole life and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Polenta is officially on my list of dishes to make! I'm thinking of using this recipe.


Have you every had a delicious surprise meal? Or do you have a good polenta recipe to share? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment