Monday, August 29, 2011

O-week Day 2 recap

Yesterday marked one of my favourite events of orientation week and med school life in general: Progressive Dinner. It's a great way to get to know people and bond over a delicious meal. It also gives a chance for the Med I's to ask people in my class about anything and everything.


It was my first time hosting and I had a blast. On the menu was homemade guacamole and brie cheese/crackers for appetizers, build-your-own-fajita for dinner and ice cream sandwich squares. Ok, please bear with me as I talk about this guacamole for a sec. It was amazing, as in if I had one more day to live I would make this guacamole. I got the recipe from Michael Buble. Ok, ok...not the real Michael Buble. His look-alike gave it to me :).

To make Buble's guacamole, you will need:
  • 4 avocados, chopped
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • chopped onions
  • cilantro, chopped
  • lime juice
  • salt
  • pepper
  • chili flakes (optional)
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and voila! You have guacamole! I didn't put a quantity for the onions and cilantro because it really depends on preference. I probably used about 1 cup of chopped onions and 3 springs of cilantro.

And once again, my stomach's willpower was stronger than my camera's. This won't be the last time I blog about these though :).

Dessert was ice cream deliciousness that I first experienced last week. It was incredibly easy to make as well and our guests loved it.



What is your "staple dish" to serve friends or bring to potlucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment