Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wedding Bells!

Today I got to share the joy in celebrating the marriage of two friends - Anne (my classmate!) and Matt.


Although the weather forecast called for thundershowers, it turned out being a perfect day.


The bride and groom held a backyard BBQ reception on the lake and decorated the treehouse for the kids (and adults!) to play in.


And when it was time to cut the cake, they did it in style!!


Yes my friends...they are cutting the cake with a sword. Just one of the perks of being in the navy ;)

As wedding favours, we each received handcrafted bookmarks. Such a wonderful (and practical) idea!


What's another great thing about weddings? You sometimes bump into friends you haven't seen for a long time...and force them to take pictures with you :P.


Oh, and you can completely throw away all pride and be one of the 'single ladies' going up to catch the bouquet...and be vicious while at it!!!


Yes, I had to jump to catch it...and yes, I tore it out of another girl's hands. It's my competitive side coming out!! I think this is bouquet #4. When I showed it to my sisters they theorized that catching bouquets is bad luck for me. At least these beautiful flowers will brighten up the dining room table for a few days!!


Have you ever caught the bride's bouquet? Or do you shy away from this tradition?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, what a gorgeous wedding! Congratulations to them both!!

    ReplyDelete