Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIAW...sorta

There's a phenomenon in the blogging world called What I Ate Wednesday where bloggers pretty much post their meals for the day. While I find these interesting and get great meal ideas from them, I have shied away from the concept for a few reasons:
  • It takes a lot of effort to capture a good quality picture of food (especially with my ghetto camera),
  • I am a repetitive eater so I may as well copy and paste my posts week after week,
  • ...and as a result, everyone would stop reading my blog on Wednesdays.
However, lately I've been making my meals for the day in advance so that I can spend the whole day at school/coffee shops studying. So while I was prepping my meals I figured I'd snap a few pics! As a result, I'd like to welcome you to my first (and probably only) edition of...

What I Will Eat Wednesday
(aka WIWEW...try saying that 5 times as fast as you can)

My day usually starts with a smoothie: 1 frozen banana, a cup of fruit, a scoop of protein powder and some water. I decided to switch things up for tomorrow and went for a pumpkin smoothie with cinnamon.

An essential to my mornings is coffee. As much as friends and family will hear me say "I neeeed caffeine", I actually don't get a kick from it! I can literally drink a cup of strong coffee 10 minutes before going to bed and it won't affect my sleep. It's more the taste and the thought of having a warm beverage in my hands. This morning I satisfied my craving at the Smiling Goat while studying. And guess what? They got another customer's order wrong and offered me the beverage for free! You know you're becoming a regular when...



Can't say no to a latte made with love.


Another daily essential: dark chocolate. It's probably the reason my six pack has refused to surface.


Ok, so all of that happens in the morning, and for the most part I brew my own coffee at home. When I leave for school I grab my "lunch bag" which contains my meals for the day.


Note: Please excuse the quality of the pictures below.

The bag generally contains:
A mid-morning snack, usually fruit
Oatmeal mixed with vanilla, cinnamon and fresh fruit, and sometimes drizzled with honey for lunch. Don't say I didn't warn you about picture quality!
For dinner I've generally been having salads but this week I decided to make a stir fry of quinoa, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, and mushrooms. Can't wait to dig into this one!


And say hello to my latest addiciton. Good 'ol PB. I enjoy it smothered on the surface of rice cakes. I also enjoy it by the spoonful. Yet another reason for the buried six pack.

Hope you enjoyed this edition of WIWEW. It probably won't happen again for a looooong time...or at least until I change my eating habits drastically. Hope your day is filled with tasty meals :).

No comments:

Post a Comment