Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quinoa for breakfast!

If you read my blog regularly, you probably know that I have a weak spot for sweets. I can never say no to cheesecake, peanut butter cookies or banana cupcakes if offered. But today I did baking of a different kind. I know...shocking!

For lunch I tried a hot pumpkin breakfast quinoa bake, inspired by thewannabechef. It was simple, fast, healthy and tasty. Right up my alley! In fact, I'm aiming to try a spin on the recipe in the next week using bananas instead.

If you would like to try this breakfast dish, you will need:

  • 1/3 cup cooked quinoa (note: 1 cup dry quinoa makes approx 4 cups cooked)
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 large egg
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp honey
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients ina  small bowl, pour it into ramekins (I used two), and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. After that you can add any toping you want. Peanut butter, nutella, nuts, fruit...the sky is the limit!


Unfortunately, I was not feeling so creative :P. I still enjoyed it though and can't wait to prepare this again using different fruit purees!

2 comments:

  1. Trying this this weekend, no question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Let me know how it goes :). And I'll let you know how the banana version is. I am dying to smother it in peanut butter. haha!

    ReplyDelete