Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Part II

Happy Thanksgiving! Or as one of my friends said earlier, Happy T-Gives!

Today was all about relaxing and spending time with each other...and, of course, eating a scrumptious meal. As per tradition, we had turkey. Not just any turkey though. It was a 10 pound turkey. Yup, 2 lbs of turkey per person! Ok, maybe there was a little left over ;).
Dad carving the turkey with joy!
Turkey, squash, mashed potatoes, stuffing & asparagus, all doused with homemade gravy.
We needed a good 2 hours for the food to settle before tackling dessert. Pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake? Yes please! I'm starting to wonder if I'm overdoing it with the pumpkin but I'm sure my body will let me know when it's reached its limit!

Today I was especially thankful for:

  • My parents. They are pretty much the definition of unconditional love here on earth.
  • My sisters. Ditto (^). Miriam, aka magic hands, gave me a neck massage today and Sarah let me test her reflexes. It's quite possible that I whacked her elbow multiple times when trying to elicit the triceps reflex.
  • Living in a free country
  • Potato mashers...several months ago I borrowed my parents' potato masher and have never returned it since. We had to make-do with forks/spoons as a substitute today!
  • And last but not least, I'm thankful for YOU, my friends & readers! You are always such an encouragement and I could never let you know how much you mean to me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment