Sunday, October 16, 2011

An apple pickin' we will go!

I'm a little sad that the weekend's pretty much over but at the same time it's nice to reflect back on the day. Today me and my family went apple picking!! It's something that we've wanted to do for at least the past 3 years and finally a day presented itself that fit our criteria:
  • it wasn't raining
  • we were all available
Not a very stringent list there ;). We ended up going to Daniel's U-Pick farm in Windsor. I think it's been a difficult season for the apple farmers so it was mainly Cortland left for personal picking. Me and my sisters did however manage to fill a 5-lb bag with ambrosias!


It was a challenging task, but with a little teamwork we reached the high-hanging apples!



At the farm they actually had several bins filled with fresh pre-picked apples so we ended up bagging some there. We left with 40 pounds of apples collectively!! And no, I'm not in the mood to make more applesauce yet :P.
On the drive back we ended up being silly with the selfie setting on my camera. It gave us some good laughs and was probably less irritating to mom & dad than our out-of-tune singing on the drive up! 




The drive was absolutely beautiful. The picture below doesn't even do the leaves justice. I guess that's what you get when you have a $70 camera and take a picture in a moving car.

1 comment:

  1. Dang that's a lot of apples! Maybe you can make an apple pie this time. :) I love your pictures, it looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete