Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Unconditional tolerance

Dear housemates,

If you awoke at an ungodly hour this morning to the sound of a blender, I apologize. You see, I've fallen in love with smoothies again after picking up some kefir and xanthan gum over the weekend! The kefir gives me my daily probiotics and the xanthan gum makes the smoothie 0hhh-sooo-thick! Breakfast was a green heaven in a bowl.


About 20 minutes later you may have heard the whir of the blender again and probably wanted to shoot me by that time. I was in a bit of a pickle for lunch and all I could think about was the protein pancake recipe I saw yesterday. I made a few modifications and it was absolutely delightful.

Pancake Tower!!!

I wrapped a couple of these beauties up and stuck them in my lunchbag along with fresh fruit.

To make these pancakes you will need:
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 banana, ripened
  • 2/3 cup egg whites
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
  2. In a skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil over medium temperature.
  3. Pour some batter in the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side. Note: batter is thick (which makes for thick pancakes!) so after pouring it into the skillet I spread it out a bit with a spoon. For a runnier batter, reduce rolled oats to 2/3-3/4 cup.
  4. If housemates are awake, offer them a few pancakes as a peace offering.

Have you been lucky enough to have good roommates/housemates in the past? Did any have interesting habits or quirks (like blending food at the crack of dawn. haha.)?

No comments:

Post a Comment