Thursday, July 21, 2011

I guess the change in my pocket wasn't enough...

...I'm like forget you and forget him too!

Ever have one of those days where a song plays over and over and OVER in your head? That was me today with the Glee cover of Forget You (I <3 Gweneth Paltrow).

This song ended up working in my favour though because it has the perfect tempo for running! Yup! I sang it over and over and OVER during my 7km run. Surprisingly I'm not sick of it...yet :P. But sadly, I forgot my camera at home. It's sad because there was a deer on the trail! I wanted to walk up to it and hand-feed it...except it jumped away. I guess I'm not a deer whisperer yet.

For supper I decided to continue with the experimentation and had salmon ramekins. I gotta admit, I was nervous to try this because I had no idea how it would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised!! Included in this random salmon creation were tomato, mushrooms, green onion, and spinach. I filled the ramekins with some milk so that the salmon would cook evenly.

The dish turned out having an almost seafood chowder taste to it. It was smooth, creamy, but didn't have an overpowering fishy taste to it. The green onions complimented the salmon well. When I try this again I think I would premarinate the salmon because it was a little dry. Otherwise I really enjoyed this.

Baked salmon in ramekins

When cooking experimentation turns out well it's AWESOME :)

No comments:

Post a Comment