Monday, July 18, 2011

Girls don't sweat...

It's the start of a new work week and I found myself in the OR today! I got to see a laparoscopic cholecystectomy and assist in a reverse hemicolectomy. Big words...I know. But if I could some it up in one word, it would be AWESOME!

No pictures allowed in the OR, but how do you like my new attire?

It's very possible that I took this without the flash so that the nurses wouldn't question what I was doing behind the changing curtain :P

After work I KNEW that I had to get moving...as in do intentional exercise, but I lacked motivation! To be completely honest I haven't done any "formal" exercise for a while, which is sad because I believe it's truly important to my health! Now, it's not like I've been sitting on my butt 24/7. I've been walking to work (and biking, for that matter), but there are certain areas of my body that are feeling...unfirm. haha. Also, the more I don't move, the more lethargic I feel.

So I headed to the centennial trail on bike, chained it to a tree, and started running!

Look! I can still put my hair back in a stubby little ponytail!

I went for a full 30 minutes and really enjoyed it!! Little pudgy yellow birds flew alongside the trail, monarch butterflies fluttered amongst the flowers. I felt like Snow White! Except that Snow White didn't battle mosquitos.

Snow White also didn't sweat buckets. See the shine on my face? It's proof that the saying, "Girls don't sweat, they glow!" is a lie. PURE LIE!


When getting back I went grocery shopping with my housemates and then made dinner. I'm so excited to experiment with ramekins. Today's was baked eggs with soy milk...because I have no cream.

They were pretty good! The recipe I found online needs a bit of tweaking. I ended up leaving them in the oven about 5 min longer than recommended and then had to microwave them for 1 minute. I'm sorry, but I don't prefer my eggs almost runny :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment