Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A little lost...

Have you ever lost something important? Maybe it was a iphone or a piece of paper with important information. Maybe it was a $20 bill. If something like this has happened to you I can definitely sympathize because yesterday I lost my credit card.


It made me want to cry. In fact, there are tears streaming down my face right now (possibly related to the fact that I just chopped a boat load of red onions). I first noticed it was missing when I went to pay for my meal last night at Bistro Le Coq, but it didn't upset me too much at the time because I figured I left it in my other jacket or purse.

Upon returning home and rummaging through all my belongings I realized that the credit card was indeed missing. I felt stupid...I couldn't believe I was one of those irresponsible people. I also felt a bit lost. This picture pretty much sums it all up:


It was time to take action. I picked up the phone and called my bank to report the lost card. And you know what? Within 5 minutes (wait time included) the bank rep confirmed that there had been no other purchases made on my credit card, it was cancelled, and I was promised that a replacement would arrive in 5-7 business days. Who knew the whole process would be so easy and pain free?? I actually expected complications galore!

Thankfully my debit card will carry me for the next little while. In the meantime, I'll limit my purchases,  be an extreme couponer, and live off of the food that's currently in my fridge. Breakfast for dinner? Absolutely! I really can't complain :).


No comments:

Post a Comment