Monday, September 26, 2011

Celery...au naturel!

The hot spell is continuing here in Hali! I was determined to have a productive day, setting my alarm for 5:30am. Well...once again, that didn't quite happen but 6am did! I crept to the gym and did an incline workout, followed by weights targeting my back muscles.

The morning did end up being productive after all, but with all of that brain power I was famished by dinnertime! I finally had groceries from going to the market on Saturday and decided to make a warm kale salad.

By the way, did you know that this is what celery looks like when you buy it fresh?


I was completely shocked! Who would have known there were all those leaves at the top!

In addition to the celery I added tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, carrots, and hard boiled egg to my salad...all drizzled with olive oil & balsamic vinegar.


It definitely hit the spot...especially those eggs.

Time for bed! Apparently I have a neurology case practice in the morning...which means 6am workout (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment