Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dreams deferred

I woke up with a start this morning and did some quick anatomy review and practiced tying sutures. By 7:50am I was changed in my scrubs and set to go in the OR...only to be met by a Med III saying they had enough students and residents to assist.

Noooooooooooooo.

*Did you hear that? It was the sound of my soul being crushed*

Just kidding :P. It's true that I was disappointed but at the same time the thought of being first assist was great motivation to study some Grays and got a couple hundred knots' experience. I'll be all set for next time :).

There were other perks too...I got to watch a really cool cardiac procedure and I got to insert my first Foley catheter...hey, it's a good skill to have!

Not to mention I got to wear a REALLY hot scrub cap ;)
Fine, fine. I look like a nerd.
In the meantime I'll keep up with my knots and learn everything possible about the heart. Someday it will be put to the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment