Wednesday, September 21, 2011

All knotted up!

This morning my alarm was set for 5:30am.  Unfortunately these ambitious plans were thwarted as my body decided it liked 6:45am MUCH better.

*the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak*

Despite the later start to the day I still managed to mooooostly catch up on my "to do" list. By 11:00am I was ready to get my arm checked out...


Yayyyy! TB free!!!
After class and tutorial I needed a pick-me-up. I still can't get used to these afternoon classes. They make me hungry ALL THE TIME! I stopped by Just Us Coffee House and picked up a snack to tie me over to supper. Their oatcakes are delicious and full of flax and pumpkin seeds. So dense...so much texture!

Americano & oatcake from Just Us
 While waiting for choir to start I worked on my knotting and suturing skills.

Two-handed square knot
Knotting with instruments
My first sutures on the practice kit...do you trust me yet? :P
I gotta say...my hands were SO cramped afterwards and I didn't even reach the ideal quota of 1,000 knots/day! Fingers crossed that I'll be ready for the OR tomorrow morning.

Bedtime soon...the 5:30am alarm is set yet again...and I still need to learn the anatomy of the heart! Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment