Have you heard of kale? It's a type of cabbage that is full of antioxidants and a good source of Vitamins A, C, K, B6, Calcium, Potassium, and Beta-carotene.
But what can you do with it? I usually use it in my salads by steaming it for 7-10 minutes. But today I tried something new and made kale chips. My roomie has made them on a couple occasions and I was a huge fan! They taste just like potato chips!
And making them is so easy. I made 2 sheets worth and used:
- 7 heads of kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- parmesan cheese
1. Wash the kale and then rip the leaves off the stems.
2. Place leaves in a salad spinner and spin the excess water out.
I have an obsession with salad spinners! I always try seeing how fast I can spin it :)
3. Next, place the kale leaves on 2 baking sheets and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with kosher salt. I additionally sprinkled parmesan cheese on some of the kale and it turned out pretty good!
5. Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes. Admire your shriveled kale chips.
6. Serve in bowls and enjoy a healthy snack!
Regular kale chips
Kale chips with parmesan
Hope you are having a great weekend!