Thursday, January 12, 2012

Food = entertainment!

Remember all those times growing up when your parents would say "Don't play with your food!!" For me it usually involved dissecting my mother's meatloaf (she has since found a recipe that is actually delicious) or making mosaics out of rice (which I ate almost every single day until moving out 1 1/2 yrs ago).

Well at Hamachi's teppanyaki grill the food is actually meant to be the entertainment. I've heard nothing but good things about Hamachi Steakhouse but have never really had a good enough occassion to go...until today. Birthdays are always special but when it comes to someone who is pretty much a master culinary chef AND goes to medical school an epic celebration is required. Yup, you guessed it...I'm talking about Tish ;).

So off we went to Hamachi. And I was not disappointed!


Excitement built as we were served our miso soup and the signature house salad.



Then the chef appeared. If I could describe him in one word it would be...

adorable

He was just so cute and friendly, bringing laughter to our table and putting our culinary skills to the test.  True, he's paid to do his job but he still does it well! Tish was specifically brought up and asked to flip an egg up and crack it while airborn. Do not try at home if you want to spare yourself a mess to clean up ;).


My favourite part by far was the preparation of the entrees, probably because it involved large flames. I'm a pyro at heart.



Apparently all the alcohol and flames paid off because my dish was succulent and cooked to perfection! Fresh North Atlantic salmon filet grilled Teppanyaki Style with fresh squeezed lemon and sake...who could ask for more??


It was also nice to spend time with classmates outside of school. I actually want to give a special shout out to Kim who reads my blog...and makes me feel special :). Apologies for the red eye...both iPhoto and Picasa didn't want to comply with my edits.


Tish, I'm so glad you're in our class (and no, I don't like you just for your baked goods...although it contributes somewhat :P). Happy birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment