Saturday, December 17, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane!

Sorry for being MIA for the last few days. It's been a pretty busy week and I'm actually at the Toronto airport waiting for a connecting flight to Vancouver which will take me and my family to...


Australia!!!

We managed to squeak onto a flight this morning to Ottawa...literally...as in running after the last passenger had boarded. This is why we always only bring carry-on!! 

Two weeks worth of clothes/necessities...right here

The bonus to getting on the Ottawa flight? Executive class :)


It was a relaxing flight. I always love staring at the clouds from above!


And I also got to read an excellent article on my favourite artist, the Beibz


The layover to Toronto was pretty short but me and my sisters managed to take a few shots :)


Does my smile look stiff? I hope not! I just got all four wisdom teeth out on Thursday which is part of the reason I haven't blogged for a couple days. No complications, thankfully except for left diplopia but it went away after a couple minutes! Just feeling pretty tired. I actually decided to go with local anaesthetic and skipped the IV sedation because I wanted to be relatively productive for the rest of the day. The most painful part was the needle but I didn't even feel the extractions!!


I snapped this picture right when I got into recovery. Soooo attractive :P. My mouth is actually packed with a million pieces of gauze here. My roomie also took a video of me on the drive home which I'm sure will be used to haunt me one day!!

Right now I'm on a soft foods diet, which means smoothies and yogurt for me! I made sure my last real meal was a good one...at Peter's place of course!






And last night was a full-blown Christmas celebration with my roomies. We decided to do a gift exchange which was pretty much the most exciting thing ever!


The aftermath: sooo much wrapping paper!


Stuffies on the couch!


Well, I'm not sure when I'll have internet access again. Maybe in Australia, maybe not. If that's the case then I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! It's the most wonderful time of the year :).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you are getting to spend Christmas in Australia! I bet you are going to have a blast! Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete