Sunday, November 22, 2009

Interview - Round 3

Circumstances in my life seem to come in 3's. I am one of three sisters, this is my third blog, I have applied to med school three times, and yesterday I had my third interview.

Just to clarify, Dal is opening a new campus in St. John, NB for 2010. The St. John site will have only NB students. All other applicants will go to the Halifax campus. It will be considered one class, but at 2 sites (kind of like how my church has a Hubbards campus but is still considered part of Stoneridge). So although my interview was in NB, I will be attending class in Halifax if I am accepted.

On the way to St. John we (my dad and I) faced torrential downpours and unclear directions from Google Maps to our hotel (oh google...how could you fail me). We made it to the hotel safe and sound but soon realized that our lodging was a little less than ideal. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful that I had somewhere to rest my head that night, but when you're expecting a 2.5 star hotel and realize the hotel would be lucky to get 0.5 stars there is a sense of disappointment.

The next morning I moved a little slower than planned. Ended up leaving the hotel at 1100 instead of 1030. Then I realized I printed out the directions backwards from the university to the hotel. Interview started at 1200 but they advised us to come at 1115. I made it at 1130 and thankfully nothing had started yet.

And the interview itself? Sorry, I can't disclose that information ;). All I will say is that I was not a fan of this year's collaboration station which I have enjoyed the past 2 years. But otherwise I felt pretty calm and I know that's because so many friends/family were praying for me! Before I knew it the interview was over!

So now it's the waiting game again. I admit that I'm scared. I still haven't fully recovered from when I opened up my rejection letter this past year from Dal. My heart dropped to my stomach and I couldn't breathe...it hurt more than the first time because it felt more personal...like they were directly saying "you're not good enough".

I'm not sure if I'll get in this year. That's up to the admissions commitee and up to God. This is something that I continually have to surrendur to Him. Because if it were up to me, I would have gotten in 2 years ago. At the same time God has used these experiences to teach me about trusting Him and His perfect timing. I'll continue trusting, knowing that God sees the big picture of my life...it's still hard though...

3 comments:

  1. "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD." Psalm 40:1-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite passages (and songs by U2). Thanks Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starfield does a great cover on the In The Name of Love album.

    ReplyDelete