Saturday, December 5, 2009

No meat?

"Vegetarianism is the practice of following a diet based on plant-based foods including fruits, vegetables, cereal grains, nuts, and seeds, with or without dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat meat, game poultry, fish, crustacea, shellfish, or products of animal slaughter such as animal-derived gelatin and rennet." - wikipedia

Once in a while I give up a certain type of food for a defined amount of time...sometimes it's because I overdose...other times it's because I want the challenge. In the past these food items have included: chocolate/sugary candy, chips/snack foods, pop, oatcakes (that was due to an overdose), and coffee.

This time, I have decided to go vegetarian for a week just to see if I can do it. I usually eat meat every single day so this may be a challenge. Please note that I will be eating dairy products and eggs. Updates to come and maybe even some pics of dishes I make :).

No comments:

Post a Comment