Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies...with a secret twist!

Yes, yes...I realize it's been quite a while since my last baking post, but that doesn't mean I've been idle in the kitchen! My latest obsession? The 'plain old' chocolate chip cookie. But what's in a chocolate chip cookie? I mean, what makes one better than another? I personally like mine soft and chewy and not overwhelmed with chocolate chips.

Of course, I had to search RecipeZaar and I found to my delight, this recipe. Yes, at first glance it seems like the standard, that is, until you read the ingredients and reach 'instant vanilla pudding' on the list. I have to say, these may be the best chocolate chip cookies I've tasted. The pudding makes them ohhh sooo soft and adds a light vanilla flavour that perfectly compliments the chocolate. Yummy!

On the cooling rack, fresh out of the oven. The perfect time to indulge! :)

Coming up...the search for the perfect Fish & Chips AND the ultimate PB oatcake showdown: Rebekah vs. The Smiling Goat

No comments:

Post a Comment