Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

I know that today there are millions of people who are wishing their moms a Happy Mothers Day. Millions who are saying that their mom is the best...so it may seem redudant that I am joining the countless others in taking a moment to recognize my mom right now.

But the truth is, I don't take nearly enough time to recognize and appreciate her. Far too often I take her love and support for granted.



My mom has always been there for me. She has shown me what it means to be patient, humble, gentle, and love unconditionally. She has a strong love for the Lord which resonates in all she does and not a day goes by where I don't see her sitting in "her chair" in the living room, reading the Bible.

I learned how to bake from my mom and remember how she would always let me lick the batter off of the beaters (she still does to this day!!). 


I also may have gotten my love for coffee (especially lattes) and desserts from her ;).

Latte from the Smiling Goat
Crepes made by my dad for Mothers day
And even though I no longer live at home I know that my mom is always just a phone call away. I can't imagine my life without her and know that she was specially chosen just for me.


Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there, but especially to my mom. Words can do no justice of the impact you have had on my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment