Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy birthday dear rooooooomie!

A lot of times I forget how lucky I am to have awesome roomies. And before you start thinking that this is a suck-up post, I just want to say that I've heard a lot of horror stories about roommates. Like my aunt's roommate who got them evicted from their apartment in downtown San Francisco...or my mom's roommate who claimed a whole room of their apartment to store shoeboxes filled with coupons.

Again...I'm pretty lucky!


Yesterday was an exciting day as we celebrated my roomie Marion's birthday. It was an owl-themed celebration :).


After weighing options for dinner, we decided on The Bicycle Thief which I was excited to try. I had heard so many good things about this restaurant!


I ended up ordering:

Local Rabbit, braised long and slow with a great Valpolicella, gralic, fresh herbs, with seared Polenta.


I love trying new foods but was a bit hesitant in ordering this dish. In the end, I'm glad I did! I've been told that rabbit tastes like chicken which is a fair comparison but the way it was cooked brought out the unique flavour of the rabbit. The polenta and veggies on the side were also delicious.

For dessert I went splits with the birthday girl on: 

Maurizio's Own Cassata, handmade Chocolate gelato layered with Chocolate ganache, Raspberry layer with crushed ladyfingers, Vanilla layer topped with caramel.


 Overall it was a wonderful birthday celebration! I cannot recommend The Bicycle Thief enough - great atmostphere, great service, and amazing food. I can't wait to go there again.

Happy birthday dear roomie! Hope you enjoyed your day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment