Friday, February 3, 2012

For the love of food

Food

I can't imagine my life without it. Even if it wasn't biologically necessary to eat I definitely still would. The flavours, the textures, the complimentary blends of spices...who could give that up?

The past few days have been particularly delightful for my tastebuds as I ended up eating out more than I usually do. My tummy was very happy with me as it got a break from the typical bland food I injest :P. Over the past few days it's been treated to:

9 + nine
This was a belated Chinese New Year dinner with my family. I would write detailed captions for the pictures below except that we never order from the menu so I hope you're content with pictures :)








Saege Bistro
I've been wanting to try this place for the longest time and finally had the chance today when grabbing lunch with a friend. I ended up ordering the 1/2 pizza with a salad which was amazing!!!

Spinach Salad - maple, toasted pecan, shaved Parmesan, and warm bacon cherry tomato dressing
Pesto pizza - roasted garlic, carmelized onion, poached pear, walnut oil and Jarlsberg cheese


Annnnd a small scoop of home made pistachio ice cream for dessert may have followed ;).


Hamachi House
This was actually a steal of a deal with a TeamBuy coupon that I split with my roomies. We demolished the small maki platter in a total of 15 minutes.


DEMOLISHED!!!


Although they were all delicious my favourites were the sweet potato roll and the spicy salmon roll (with tempura bits...yummm).

Dear tummy: please do not be upset with me when you return to normal bland food tomorrow. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment