Last week I brought these cookies to a society fair and they were all gobbled up instantly. What makes them 'oh so good' is that the oats are ground to a flour. That and the fact that they were made with lots of love :).
To make these amazing cookies you will need:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups oats (ground to a flour)
- 1 2/3 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
1. Mix the butter and sugars in a bowl. Add in eggs, milk and vanilla and mix.
2. To the butter mixture, add the flour, baking soda, salt and oats, mixing well.
3. Add in chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix until evenly distributed.
4. Bake at 375F for 9-10 minutes.
I can pretty much guarantee that you will not be disappointed with these cookies. They hit the spot with their flavour, texture, and character (yes, I believe cookies have character...this one is defined by the oats and walnuts).
If you get a chance to try these beauties please let me know how it goes!